Just a quick reminder to make sure that you check the schedule in the Harder Studio for your 15 minutes of FAME! All reviews will be held in Harder. Please come at least 15 minutes before your scheduled review to set up your work. Good Luck!
Click below to read the rest of the post to see the full list of required materials for each group. In addition to those lists, please replenish materials in your kits as they were for Fall semester.
1. Rigid. It should be made of wood, plastic or similar materials. (no cardboard!)
2. Closes. It has an inside and an outside.
3. Can be altered, taken apart or adapted. Avoid something that you want to leave ‘as is’.
4. At least one foot long in one direction, but can be larger!
5. It should be interesting, unusual, or distinctive and something you LIKE.
6. It should NOT be new. This should be purchased at a thrift store or garage sale or found in your parents basement! Please do not purchase a new box at a craft store!
You will need this on the FIRST day of class! You may want to bring a couple so you have choices!
PS. Check out http://www.greenecoservices.com/top-20-ways-to-reuse-old-suitcases/, a fabulous blog that shows the top 20 ways to reuse old suitcases!
Students should fill at a minimum, a one cubic foot box with objects from home. I use the word “home” in the most general sense. A place or an area that you associate with as being where you and your family are from. Objects from your house and the surrounding area. Half the objects can be things you care about and the other half you need to be willing to permanently alter or destroy. MAKE GOOD DECISIONS!
Please consider the following:
Appearance: Color, texture, shape, scale, form
Man made (symmetrical) or from nature (organic)
Seed pods, plants, fungi
Photos or printed material
Soft objects and hard objects
Make sure you have an extensive variety objects!
Artist Materials: charcoal, charcoal pencils, erasers, masking tape, drawing boards