1. Rigid. It should be made of wood, plastic or similar materials. (no cardboard!)
2. Closes. It has an inside and an outside.
3. Can be altered, taken apart or adapted. Avoid something that you want to leave ‘as is’.
4. At least one foot long in one direction, but can be larger!
5. It should be interesting, unusual, or distinctive and something you LIKE.
6. It should NOT be new. This should be purchased at a thrift store or garage sale or found in your parents basement! Please do not purchase a new box at a craft store!
You will need this on the FIRST day of class! You may want to bring a couple so you have choices!
PS. Check out http://www.greenecoservices.com/top-20-ways-to-reuse-old-suitcases/, a fabulous blog that shows the top 20 ways to reuse old suitcases!