Please bring the following back from break. Note that some of these materials are already part of the materials you need to replenish in your art kit or may cross over with other course lists.
- 1 set of acrylic paints (5-10 colors?)
- 1 set of paint brushes
- 4 packs of hot glue sticks
- 1 glue gun
- 1 box cutter+1 set of blades
- 1 xacto knife+2 sets of blades
- 1 pack of 100 sheets inkjet photo paper
- sketch book
This LAB class will explore issues of photographic images and the construction of a reality as it applies to those images. To that end students in this class will be engaging in the production of photographic images and the construction of the subject matter to be photographed. In addition to the above listed materials we ask that you bring the following back with you to campus:
- 5 photographs from home: choose portraits of yourself, family members, friends. Try to choose images that span a length of time, i.e. some historical photos, some contemporary photos. If you feel uncomfortable bringing in the original a good quality reproduction is acceptable.
- A camera – can be any of the following: Point and shoot digital, Digital SLR, iPhone (or any cell phone with a good quality camera).
- USB download cable
- Magazines for collaging
- Fabric for making sets ( can be any scrap fabric, old clothes etc you have at home)