Here are a couple things that faculty would like you to gather to bring with you for the first week of class.
- Please choose the most valuable object that you have that can be given away.
- Find a 3 x 5 inch index card (or nicely cut a piece of paper that size)
- Neatly write why the object is valuable on the card.
- Wrap it as beautifully as you can. Include a bow or ribbon.
- All details are important.
- Bring it to the first day of coLAB.
For this class you will also need your computer, a digital camera, and your wits.
- A digital camera, preferably a digital point & shoot, or a quality camera on a phone.
- A selection of 20 objects that are of:
- varying transparency ( i.e. fabric, lace, paper, plastic bottles, glass etc.…)
- varying shapes /sizes no larger than 1ft sq. ( i.e. string, rocks, plants, hardware etc.)
- A selection of 35 mm photographic slides. Can be found in your grandparents basement, junk shops or on ebay. Please bring back a minimum of 20 slides.
- A sharp pair of scissors
- A new thumb drive, at least 32 GB
- 1 pack 25 sheets of Multigrade, glossy, black and white photo paper. Any brand. This paper is available for sale at the Alfred University Bookstore.
Bring a variety of small to medium-sized personal objects that you would feel comfortable working from in the studio. And if you have them, some colored pencils.
Please read the following link for the full assignment and the needed materials.