The Writing Center provides free writing assistance to all Alfred University students, faculty, and staff. Our eight student tutors represent a range of disciplines, including English, communications, psychology, Spanish, chemistry, biology, and fine art. Tutors are trained to deal with all kinds of writing tasks. Whether you need help discovering ideas, organizing information, revising a final draft, or preparing technical documents, the Writing Center can help you improve your writing abilities and gain confidence as a writer. The Center is located upstairs in Herrick Library in the Center for Academic Success. We also have Sunday and evening hours on the first floor of Herrick. You can make an appointment at our website, my.alfred.edu/writing. Walk-ins are welcome, but priority is given to scheduled appointments.
How to use the Writing Center:
- Sign up for an appointment at alfred.edu/writing. We welcome walk-ins, but priority goes to students who have made an appointment.
- Our standard appointments last 30 minutes. If you think you will need longer, sign up for two.
- Please bring a copy of your writing assignment with you.
- If you must cancel an appointment, you can do so on line up to one hour before the appointed time.
- Questions or problems? Please contact the director, Vicky Westacott, at email@example.com.
The Writing Center is open Monday through Friday in Herrick Library 218 (in the Center for Academic Success) and Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings on the first floor of Herrick. For more detailed information about our hours and locations, go to my.alfred.edu/writing and click on “make an appointment” or stop by the Writing Center and ask. We are always glad to help.