1. Pick out 10 ways of drawing from the list of 20 below: write down the list and keep it for critique. 3 of your selections should focus on color.
3. Using the text you wrote about the object you brought to class (written on your first abstract object drawing) create a text drawing. The text should be used as source material the same way you are using the abstract drawings as source material for the large composition. You can use all of the words, some of the words, one of the words, etc. You may create this piece on any type/size of paper and in any medium.
4. The text drawing and stonehenge drawing should work as a dyptich. These will be hung on the wall together and should relate to one another.
Text artists to consider: Jenny Holzer, John Baldessari, Ed Ruscha, Lawrence Weiner, Yoko Ono, Mel Bochner.
1. Color: monochromatic
2. Color: primary colors
3. Color: secondary colors
4. Color: analogous colors
5. Color: tertiary colors
6. Color: complimentary colors
7. Drawing with a time limit
7. Quality of line
10. Negative space
11. Positive space
12. Contour drawing
13. Drawing with your non-dominant hand
14. Drawing with two hands at once
16. Drawing without thumbs
17. Drawing while 10 feet away from your paper
19. Drawing while running in place
20. Drawing blind