Final days of Foundations!
This weekend you need to gather and remove your art work from the studio spaces. With the exception of a few installation pieces that will remain in place for the opening.
Reviews will be in both Cohen and Harder-
We have some installations in both spaces that will remain during the reviews. **Harder: MakeLab, and FuseLab with AO- CoLab back wall. Cohen: Colab upstairs wall and SeeLab taped wall **This is the only work that should remain installed in the studio spaces during reviews. Everything else should be cleared out, unless you have permission from your instructor to leave it up during reviews.
Week Overview: *Details Below
- April 24th 8:00am-11:00am Reviews
- April 25th 8:00am-11:00am Reviews
- April 26th 9:00am- 11:00am Studio set-up, draft exhibition outline
- April 27th 8:00am- 11:00am Install
- April 28th 8:00am-11:00am Install
- April 28th 3:30pm-6:00pm Foundation Celebration
- April 29th 2:00pm-5:00pm Foundations Opening
- April 30th Clean, Clean, Clean
- May 1st Clean, Paint, removal of all artwork
*April 24 &25 8:00am-11:00am Final Foundations Critique
The link below will give you a list of all the materials you need in preparation for your final foundations critique: ReviewFoundationsFinalCrit
Your critique date, location and group are listed on the spreadsheet link below: This will also be posted in Harder and Cohen: FF studio last week sch
- April 26 8:00am- 11:00am
- Clean Studios, repair and paint walls
- Work as a group to layout the exhibition spaces
- April 27th 8:00am-11:00am
- April 28th 8:00am-11:00am
- April 28th:3:30pm-6:30pm Foundation Celebration
- Let’s celebrate the end of the year!
- April 29th: Foundations open studio 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Open to all friends and family
- April 30th-Collect all artwork and materials:
- Use this day as an opportunity to gather, carefully remove and pack your artwork.
- May 1st Clean!!!
- All artwork must be removed from studios!! Everyone is charged with helping to clean! Anything left in the studio on May 1st risks being thrown away and lost forever!
This Wednesday 4/19 meet in the Cohen studio 9:00AM to complete or repair any CoLab molds.
For students in CoLab block B Mold Making Assignment:
- Each Pen Pal team will make two distinctly separate molds that will connect in some manner. These gestures should be discussed and agreed upon before class on Wednesday. Come prepared to make!
For those that would like to repair or alter their castings from last block come with a clear idea on the object(s) needs. It is helpful to have drawings to organize ideas and communicate so that we can help expedite the completion of your molds.
Remember to bring all your post cards
I’m very excited to see these body parts installed for your end of the year show!