Where your cleaning clothes! Meeting at 9 in Cohen!
Tell your friends, families, faculty, acquaintances, strangers…
check out these summer offerings – got questions? Ask our in-house expert, Myles.
Final days of Foundations!
This weekend you need to gather and remove your art work from the studio spaces. With the exception of a few installation pieces that will remain in place for the opening.
Reviews will be in both Cohen and Harder-
We have some installations in both spaces that will remain during the reviews. **Harder: MakeLab, and FuseLab with AO- CoLab back wall. Cohen: Colab upstairs wall and SeeLab taped wall **This is the only work that should remain installed in the studio spaces during reviews. Everything else should be cleared out, unless you have permission from your instructor to leave it up during reviews.
Week Overview: *Details Below
- April 24th 8:00am-11:00am Reviews
- April 25th 8:00am-11:00am Reviews
- April 26th 9:00am- 11:00am Studio set-up, draft exhibition outline
- April 27th 8:00am- 11:00am Install
- April 28th 8:00am-11:00am Install
- April 28th 3:30pm-6:00pm Foundation Celebration
- April 29th 2:00pm-5:00pm Foundations Opening
- April 30th Clean, Clean, Clean
- May 1st Clean, Paint, removal of all artwork
*April 24 &25 8:00am-11:00am Final Foundations Critique
The link below will give you a list of all the materials you need in preparation for your final foundations critique: ReviewFoundationsFinalCrit
Your critique date, location and group are listed on the spreadsheet link below: This will also be posted in Harder and Cohen: FF studio last week sch
- April 26 8:00am- 11:00am
- Clean Studios, repair and paint walls
- Work as a group to layout the exhibition spaces
- April 27th 8:00am-11:00am
- April 28th 8:00am-11:00am
- April 28th:3:30pm-6:30pm Foundation Celebration
- Let’s celebrate the end of the year!
- April 29th: Foundations open studio 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Open to all friends and family
- April 30th-Collect all artwork and materials:
- Use this day as an opportunity to gather, carefully remove and pack your artwork.
- May 1st Clean!!!
- All artwork must be removed from studios!! Everyone is charged with helping to clean! Anything left in the studio on May 1st risks being thrown away and lost forever!
Things to come:
Monday and Tuesday (24th-25th) – you will be schedule for a 20 minute final review with 2-3 faculty. This will be exactly like what we did in the Fall, but with all new work and new faculty to speak with. We will post the schedule shortly and what work you are responsible for bringing.
Wednesday – CLEANING DAY. All work (unless otherwise state) will need to be removed from the studios because we will be doing an ALL-OUT cleaning fest – scrubbing, spackling, painting…
Thursday – You will bring in a selection of your best work from THIS semester. As a group (or smaller groups) you will work together to curate and hang your final show. The Thursday/Friday faculty will be there to assist you.
Friday – finishing touches. Friday late afternoon we will have a “soft opening” with just you guys and hand out some awards for outstanding examples of making, thinking, doing, collaborating.
Saturday – 2-5 is the opening. Bring your friends, family, strangers, faculty… Get dressed up and be ready to show off all that awesome work you guys made.
Everyone is expected to be there – we would like to use the beginning to make some important announcements about next week. Also – this is a good opportunity to start clearing out some of your work from Myle’s class and Sarah and Megan’s class.
And (as stated below in previous post) this is an official casting party for our CoLab “penpals”. Those currently in CoLab will be doing their duet castings and for those who would like to re cast theirs – this is a good opportunity to do so. For those others – it would be amazing to have your plaster and alginate expertise and help. Remember its called “colab” for a reason and no good deeds are left unseen.
See you tomorrow.